CrossFit Belleville – WOD
10 medicine-ball deadlifts
10 medicine-ball squats
10 medicine-ball squat cleans
**Clean and Jerk Progression
x 3 Reps
1) Setup for the clean. Look for the hips to be lower than the shoulders but higher than the knees.
2) Front Squat // Loose fingertip grip while keeping elbows off of the knees.
3) Squat Clean // Smooth and slow pull off of the ground until the bar gets to mid-thigh. Focus on fully extending hips prior to pulling under the bar.
4) Front-rack set-up review // Hold the front-rack position. Elbows should be in front of the bar, with a full grip on the bar.
5) Dip review // Dip and pause in that position. Keep chest up and push knees out while lowering into the dip.
6) Dip and drive // Dip and extend aggressively onto toes. If done correctly, you should see the bar float off chest from the leg drive.
5) Push jerk // Hip extension before hands punch. Pause in the receiving position of the push jerk before standing.
6) Split jerk // Knee stacked over front heel, back knee slightly bent. Pause in the receiving position before completing each rep.
10 minutes to warm-up to 75% of 1RM
Clean and Jerk (7 x 1)
*Every 2:30 minutes
*Start around 75% of your 1-rep max and build to a heavy single for the day.
Max set chest-to-bar pull-ups
– Perform 1 set every minute with the goal of accumulating as many reps as possible across 5 sets.
10 ATY raises
:30 doorway pec-stretch/side